Obesity, it is actually an excessive accumulation of fat in the body. This issue is primarily credited to poor lifestyle choices, such as eating processed foods abundant in fats that are not good, oversized portions of food, overeating, excessive drinking, lack of exercise, not getting enough sleep and other similar habits. Genetic factors and hormonal problems also tend to increase the risk of developing obesity.
Obesity is a serious issue not only due to the fact of excess weight however also because it makes it susceptible to a series of serious health problems such as type 2 diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular disease and others.
It is necessary to adopt healthy lifestyle changes to fight this problem. In addition, you can use some easy however effective natural remedies to help with your weight loss efforts.
6 Natural remedies to eliminate obesity
#1. Lemon juice
Lemon juice is one of the best home remedies to fight obesity. It helps to improve digestion and helps detoxify your body. Healthy digestion is an essential factor for weight loss, as it helps your body obtain the nutrients needed to burn fat. In addition, it helps remove contaminants from your body that slow down your metabolism.
- Mix 3 teaspoons of lemon juice, one teaspoon of honey and half a teaspoon of black pepper powder in a glass of water. (If you use freshly ground black pepper, merely add a quarter teaspoon).
- Consume in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Do this every day for a minimum of three months.
Then again, you can simply drink a cup of warm water mixed with a teaspoon of lemon juice.
#2. Apple cider vinegar
Cider vinegar without apple, unfiltered, is another popular natural home remedy to reduce excess weight. Although the real benefits of weight loss are still unknown, preliminary research has revealed that it can help protect against obesity. It helps to break down fat and therefore prevents the build-up of body fat.
- Mix two teaspoons of unfiltered apple cider vinegar in a glass of water. Consume it daily in the morning and ideally before meals.
- You can also drink a glass of water mixed with a teaspoon of apple vinegar, unfiltered, unprocessed and lemon juice.
You can have up to two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a day. Do not exceed this quantity, as it can lower blood potassium levels gradually and reduce bone mineral density.
#3. Aloe vera
Aloe vera is useful in the elimination of obesity due to the fact that it boosts the metabolism, increases energy consumption and mobilizes unused fat in the body. It contains natural collagen proteins that make the body work harder to absorb proteins. In addition, it helps get rid of contaminants from the digestive system and the colon.
- Take 2 fresh aloe vera leaves, peel them and remove the pulp.
- Put it in a mixer together with a cup of citrus juice, such as orange or grapefruit juice, or simply plain water. Mix for two or three minutes.
- Drink this every day for a minimum of one month.
#4. Green Tea
Green tea is another popular natural treatment to promote weight-loss. A study at Penn State revealed that epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG), a compound found in green tea, helps reduce weight gain by limiting fat absorption and increasing the body’s ability to use fat.
In addition, green tea is full of nutrients such as vitamin C, carotenoids, zinc, selenium, chromium and other trace element. Consume about three to four cups of green tea daily to fight any weight problem. You can also combine it with ginger tea or cayenne pepper.
#5. Cayenne pepper
Cayenne pepper helps control obesity and helps you lose weight. It contains capsaicin that stimulates your body to burn fat and boost energy.
In addition, it stimulates digestion and suppresses the excess appetite triggered by the malabsorption of nutrients in the body.
- Make cayenne pepper tea by putting a glass of warm water over cayenne pepper (start with a tenth of a teaspoon or just a pinch of cayenne pepper and slowly increase its amount to a teaspoon). Squeeze the juice of half a lemon. Drink this tea regularly for at least one month.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and maple syrup in 10 ounces of water (one glass contains 8 ounces). Add a pinch of cayenne pepper and drink it.
- Use cayenne pepper and other spices, such as ginger, black pepper, and mustard seeds, generously in your food preparations.
#6. Curry leaves
Consuming 10 sheets of fresh curry daily in the morning works as an exceptional Ayurvedic remedy to treat obesity and diabetes caused by obesity. Continue this treatment regularly for a minimum of 3 to 4 months.
Research shows that curry leaves contain mahanimbine, an alkaloid that has anti-obesity and lipid-lowering effects. For that reason, it helps reduce body weight and reduces total cholesterol and triglyceride levels.