If you suffer from excess fat in your inner thighs, don’t despair. You can tone your inner thighs with specific exercises and dietary changes that will target full body weight loss. Toning your inner thighs will make them stronger and more attractive and will improve your confidence when you go to the beach or wear leggings and skinny jeans.
Exercises to Strengthen and Tone Inner Thighs
- Lie on a floor or a mat with your face up, while your legs are extended straight over hips. Keep your feet flexed, heels together, and toes turned out.
- Slowly bend your knees out to the sides, and then straighten them back, using your inner-thigh muscles to control the movement.
- Do 3 sets of 10 reps, while resting in between each set as needed.
- Lie on your back, while your arms are down by your sides.
- You can do the exercise in 2 directions: (A) Raise your feet about 30 cm off the floor. Controlling your core muscles, scissor your legs up and down for 10 reps. (B) Without resting, now scissor your legs side to side (choose which foot crosses over top at the center and alternate between the legs) for 10 more reps for each leg. This is one set.
- Repeat for 3 sets, trying not to drop your legs in between.
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart. Take your left foot making a wide side-step (illustration A). Bend your right knee so you push your hips behind you when you are stepping aside (keep your back straight and your face forward). Your right leg remains extended as you move your body weight on your left side.
- Touch the ground with your finger tips so your arms on either side of the left foot. Return to standing position. Perform 1 set for each leg, 10-15 repetitions.
- For the classic lunges (illustration B), stand with your right leg forward and left leg back. Then slowly bend the knees until both legs are nearly at right angles. Then push back up to starting position. Remember to keep your back straight and don’t let your knees extend over your toes. Perform 1 set for each leg, 10-15 repetitions.
- Sit on a chair, resting your feet on the floor. Your knees are bent at 90 degrees.
- Place a ball (or a pillow) between your thighs and inhale. Exhale as you squeeze the ball between your thighs.
- Hold for 1 minute while breathing normally. Rest 30 seconds to 1 minute between sets.
Inner Thigh Lift and Circles
- Lie on your right side while supporting your head with your bent arm as per the illustration below (alternatively you can fold your arm down and rest your head on it).
- Bend your left leg and place your foot on the floor in front of your right leg, holding your ankle for support. Your right leg is extended.
- Use your inner thigh muscles to lift your right leg upwards at least 15 cm. Hold for a few seconds and then slowly lower your leg back. Alternatively you can draw imaginary circles on the back wall.
- Repeat 10-20 times for each side.
Side Squat with Band
- Stand while your feet are shoulder-width apart and tie a band around your lower legs.
- Lift your left leg and step out to the left while pressing out against the resistance of the band. When your left foot touches the floor, bend your knees into a deep squat.
- Then stand up again and bring your feet back to shoulder-width apart.
- Repeat – Either alternate legs or take 10 steps to the left and then 10 steps to the right.
source & reference: (healthyandnaturalworld)