Want to lose weight without starving? Who doesn’t? Well, this strange 8-hour diet plan is just the right for you. It will help you lose weight while eating anything you want, to be honest – almost anything.
It’s really easy once you get the hold of it. You eat for 8 hours and then go for 16 hours fasting. It might sound weird, but according to its author, David Zinczenko it is really not so difficult to follow.
A person sleeps for around 7-8 hours in a day and other 8 hours are spent in eating and doing other routine activities. So, it’s not such a hard task to control the hunger for 16 hours.
WHY DOES THE 8-HOUR DIET WORK?
The logic behind this 8-hour diet is that you will lose your weight without keeping a track on the calories like all the other diet plans.
THIS IS HOW EXACTLY THIS DIET WORKS:
Today, most of us have sitting jobs for 9 hours, so it is very difficult for our body to get the time it needs to digest the food. For this reason you are not able to lose weight even if you are eating healthy.
This 8-hour diet works in the way that it gives your body maximum time to digest what has already been waiting for digestion.
BURNS MORE CALORIES
Calorie intake is restricted to 8 hours per day. In simple words, it increases the time between your last meal and the breakfast. That can help your body to burn the excess fat while you exercise in the morning.
GET PROPER REST
The 16 hour of gap of no eating gives your body a chance to rest, stretch and relax as it pleases.
PREVENTS DISEASES AND AGING
This diet stimulates the source of energy inside the cells. Because of this the energy output is maximized and intercellular damage is reduced. This slows down the aging process and eliminates the risk of cancer, diabetes and heart diseases.
WHAT YOU SHOULD EAT WHILE FOLLOWING THE 8-HOUR DIET?
Here is the detailed meal plan for you to follow to quickly reduce the extra pounds:
- Start your day with a cup of green tea or any detox drink.
- After this you can have a banana or kale smoothie, wheat flakes with skimmed milk, eggs with toast or if you are allergic to lactose, any other lactose free combination. As you already know, eggs are always the best option.
- For your pre-lunch menu, you can have some watery fruit such us watermelon, or vegetable salad, or 4 soaked almonds.
- For lunch, you can have baked fish/tortilla wrap + vegetables + low-fat yogurt or tuna/vegetable sandwich with fresh fruit juice.
- Here is the best part, for desert after lunch you can have a dark chocolate brownie with one orange or apple.
- As your evening snack, you can have baked potato wafers, popcorn or nachos with low-fat mayonnaise, and no, this is not a joke.
- For dinner you can get some grilled vegetables/chicken kebab with bread pudding, or chicken/lentil soup with fruit custard, or vegetable lasagna with cucumber juice, or kidney beans with chapattis or a glass of milk.
You should be more than satisfied with the freedom you have with this diet and the variety of foods you can choose from. The only thing you could have a problem with is to maintain the 16-hour gap.
In order to do this, you need to make sure your dinner is at 6 pm sharp and after that you cannot have anything.
For best results you should start doing some exercises along with this amazing diet plan, because it is very important for your body to be engaged in any kind of physical activity while following the 8-hour diet.
It is very important for you to remember that weight loss is always about 70% diet and 30% exercise. The hard work that should be done is in the kitchen, not in the gym!